Hi Stephen,
I have a slightly different requirement. Because the second device is
the hot-standby part of my device hosting the database, I must be sure
that the change was successfull. Everything else would lead to
confusion when there is a failover and some data is not yet changed.
I'm just looking into Ingos code (thanks for that!) i have had no idea
how to log these statements. Now I'm far closer to the solution.

To be conform with my requirements i thought of changing the triggers.
My idea is to write a custom function (with the extension api) that
takes the statement as argument. That function does the transfer to my
redundant database on the second device and returns with success or
error.
When there is an error due to a lost link between the devices. I can
do a RAISE() to show the user-programm that the setting could not be
saved.

Do you think that is a straight solution for my problem?
greetings Till