On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Noah Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greg, I intended that sqlite3 be launched without a filename, so this
> will give a memory based database and disk I/O would not need to be
> considered.

If I remember correctly the default is an "anonymous" disk based
database (without the fsync overhead), but can be a pure memory db if
you pass the ":memory:" filename (and can be configured with the right
option passed to the "configure" script or with the right "#define").

Also, IIRC, the memory db is a bit slower than the disk based one
because it's not optimized for memory use (like using B+ Trees in
memory instead of something like RB Trees, as it was on 2.8.x).

This is all from memory, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas