OK, this seems really helpful, but I'm afraid you've lost me a bit.

1.  Third normal??? :)

2.  Your idea would be to have one table that's relatively static, with the
names (and perhaps other data) of the stocks, a 2nd table that holds prices?
I'm not sure I see the advantage of this approach.

3.  What's "Instance DateTime?"

4.  Are you saying that I could use "GROUP BY" to get daily, monthly,
yearly, etc?

Thanks, very helpful...just what I'm needing!