> I would like to use transactions from separate threads, each
> thread having one connection to a single in-memory db.

If your production environment is a modern linux distribution you may
find the temporary directory ("/tmp") is already a memory drive using
the tmpfs filesystem. If not it is very easy to create one. Search the
internet for more information.

You can then access the database by multiple processes/threads by
referring to the file path.

Nick