>No, the index is stored in a separate Btree. The master table simply
>stores the page number of that btree's root page. With that information
>SQLite can read and decrypt the index's root page and begin a O(log N)
>search for the first matching record, reading in and decrypting more
>pages as required.
>... an index will work securely and efficiently for such a search in an
>encrypted database.

Dennis thank you for taking the time to explain that. I have read the
Architecture page and I think I have a better idea.

Since this does seem to be a viable way to protect the data I would like to
implement the schema, but using AES instead of MD5 which is unsecure.

Has anyone done this and posted the code?