Is there a common practice on quoting/sanitizing the snippets
generated by the fts search?

If I have "foo <b> bar lee" in one field and search for bar, the
obvious not what I want and can easily be used for cross-site
scripting.

I can think about two strategies to avoid this:

1) The first one is to strip out all tags before inserting new text
into the virtual table. I don't want to do this, because I have a pure
text interface too, where the tags in results won't hurt.

2) Specify two random strings to the snippet function for quoting, eg,
snippet(poem, '23453242', '435345345', '...') and use them to split
the snippet afterwards and do the sanitizing then.

Any other solutions? Maybe the sanitize function has a hidden feature for this?

Regards Peter