Ken wrote:
> I'll take a stab at this.
>
> Each connection would have its own private memory database.
>
> Create an additional temp table id_list , Insert the user id set values into
> this table.
>
> Then
> INSERT INTO temptab tt SELECT mt.* FROM maintab mt, id_list
>                                  WHERE mt.id = idl.id ;
>
> Then delete the id_list table or drop it.

Hi Ken,

Since the database is to be created and deleted in a thread itself, I
think I may need to do something like:
* Create in-memory database (":memory:")
* Attach the main database (from file) as 'mt'
* Create the temporary table for id_list
* Insert the user entered IDs
* Create an index on it
* Join and get the records of interest (between idlist.id and mt.table.id)
* Do the processing

Then, when I close the database, the in-memory stuff is all gone.  Does
that sound right?

Thanks for your help in getting me started.
Mohit.
9/11/2008 | 12:46 PM.