It would be very nice to have a way to explicitly control index use.

I'm going to test my theory this weekend but I think if the index is
not cached and the data large then the group by is faster without the
index. If this is the case I have a real issue. I need the index for
other queries and can't afford to drop it for the aggregations. I just
want to tell the query planner to not use any index.

If there is no way to do this with the current parser could we have an
extension to select? Maybe something like:
    select with no index ....
    select with index index1,index2 ....

Thoughts?