Howdy folks,

I've been trying to test some cross compatability of sqlite, and having a heck
of a time with sqlites database .dumps and MiXeD CaSe based schemas.  The
problem stems from an odd behavior of .dump to not quote identifiers when
outputting DDL, but to then quote the identifiers when outputting the DML.
(Is this really the desired behavior? I can't think of any reason you would
want it to work like this) This works ok for dumps going back into sqlite,
however it doesn't work with other database systems, which attempt to
casefold the schema, but then attempt to load data using the non-case-folded
table names given in the insert statements. I think the ideal solution would
probably be to have an option to switch between consistently quoteing or
unquoteing (I can think of use cases for both methods), is there any chance
something like that could be implemented? In the mean time, I'm wondering if
anyone can think of another work around for this?  TIA.

--
Robert Treat
brighterlamp.org