On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:24:04AM -0400, Timothy A. Sawyer scratched on the
wall:

  http://www.sqlite.org/autoinc.html

> But what is the theoretical limit for the integer,

  9223372036854775807 in SQLite version 3.0.0 and later.

> and if it is filled with
> a random integer, would this be a signed integer or an unsigned integer?

  ROWIDs can be negative, but I'm fairly sure the random ones will
  always be positive.

  IIRC, the only way to get the system to automatically generate a
  negative ROWID is if the first row you insert into a table includes
  an explicit negative ROWID value.

   -j

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs.  We have
 a protractor."   "I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler
 and a piece of string."  --from Anathem by Neal Stephenson