I'm using SQLite in a commercial application where the db is used as a
document, often located at a network share (windows only).
The db is used as a multiuser document where many users can connect and
read/write to the db simultaneously, and it's working perfect.
Although, mostly the users will read from the db and there is a very
little chance that 2 users will write simultaneously.

The only thing to keep in mind is to set the sqlite3_busy_timeout and
handle errors correctly.

Best regards
Daniel