Dan,

While I do understand the position chosen by SQLite, these warnings do try
to prevent human error. In case of Visual C++, Microsoft has added lots of
tests in order to make porting code from 32-bits to 64-bits easier. And
those
problems Mark wrote about were certainly reported as warnings since 2002 -
maybe even earlier.

The point I'm trying to make is that generally turning off warnings is a bad
idea. If you dislike a warning for "stylistic purposes", that's fine - then
only turn of those warnings with appropriate pragmas.

Generally hiding warnings is a mistake IMHO.

Mike