Ok I know this is not what sqlite was designed for.   But via a odbc
driver or any other extension tool is it possible to have remote
clients read/write/query sqlite tables?

The reason I ask.  We have remote installations that generate data in
local tables.  Then we have hit those installations with what is
currently a Microsoft SQL connection and access there
data.  Unfortunately...for unknown reasons sometimes Microsoft SQL
goes into a funk and a query locally that should be compiled in
milliseconds can take like 6 minutes.  The idea here is if we could
wedge SQLite into the situation it most likely would not happen but
if it did...because it is open source and has so many tools built
into the way it is built.   We can figure out and resolve what is going on.

Thanks,
David Clark