jonwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> Okay, I understand that the designer of SQLite felt it was important that
> fields with a default value of CURRENT_DATE should be initialized to the
> current date in a DIFFERENT time zone. Setting aside for now that I've read
> all the reasons for this and am very much against the decision, I have the
> following question.
>
> Is there ANY way to override this behavior? Or must I simply initialize all
> such fields explicity if I would like to set it to the current date in my
> particular time zone?
>
> Thanks.

Warning !
SQLite also uses the Common/Christian Era calendar,
and not the Islamic or Jewish one !

;-)

Using UTC in the DB stops you going mad when something happens
on the DST changeover (localtime hours vanish, or happen twice),
or you have systems running in or across different countries.

It also means you can subtract two times and always get the right answer
for elapsed time !

Regards,
MikeW