Hi all,

I've just joined this list hoping to learn more about SQLite.

I'm using SQLite to teach the SQL portion of a college databases course.
The one thing that concerns me a little is the lack of foreign key
constraints. (I've been yapping about referential integrity for weeks
and really want students to be able to enforce it =).)

I have a copy of The Definitive Guide to SQLite, in which it states:
":
Complete trigger support. There is some support for triggers but it is
not complete. Missing
features include ...       and recursive triggers--triggers that trigger
themselves. Recursive triggers are needed in
      order to implement foreign key constraints.
:"

However, then, on the SQLite wiki, I found that there is a way to
implement FK constraints using triggers!:
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ForeignKeyTriggers

I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand the discrepancy here. Are
recursive triggers required to implement some FK constraints that the
above solution cannot impose?

Thanks for your help,
Dan