Are you compiling the SQLite shell utility, or just the library?   The
Windows and Linux versions of the lib available from the download page
which are compiled with all the optional features are 235kb and 205kb
respectively.   It's surprising that the compiled version for AVR32 is
more than twice as large with all the optional features compiled out.
  Can you provide anymore information on how you are compiling it?
Which version are you compiling?   Are you using the amalgamation?
Are you compiling without debugging information?

-Shane