Greetings

I have been trying to get sqlite-3.6.4 to work for a python project
I'm building on a Dell eight-core running RedHat ES3. I built sqlite
from the aggregate code but my python project hangs. So, I tried to
use it from the command line and noticed that the version was 3.3.6.
It hangs as well. So, I tried the copy in the build directory and it
comes up as 3.6.4 and it will work as long as I am logged in as root.

I gave up trying to make that work and downloaded the binary for linux
and the library sqlite-3.6.4.so.gz. I copied the binary into /usr/
local/bin which is in PATH. It works as long as I am root. If I try to
use it as a regular user is hangs.

Can anybody suggest where I have gone wrong? I've checked all the file
permissions and I can't think of any other reason that would explain
this behavior.

Thanks

Mike