I'm back again.

I could not ignore such a strong suggestion of not using thread. So I am
planning on a single threaded event driven model for my application. I also
plan to use sqlite3_progress_handler() to handle query cancellation.

I compiled SQLite with the flags SQLITE_THREADSAFE=0. Even then, do I need
to link my application with pthread library? I get linking errors like:
sqlite3.c:(.text+0x1c737): undefined reference to 'pthread_mutex_trylock'

Thanks,
dbikash