Is it possible to open a SQLite database without physically storing the
SQLite database file on disk?

Background: Customer has application that generates SQLite databases
with proprietary pricing information. They would like their users to
download these databases from their SSL secured website and open them
(readonly in memory) without ever storing an image of the physical
SQLite file on disk. Our application downloads these database files
directly to memory where they are currently stored as a binary string.

The only solution I can think of is to download raw text files to memory
and parse these strings to fill an in memory database. Sounds like a lot
of unnecessary extra work on both ends (server and client) to replace
what is essentially the ability to open an in memory SQLite database
from an image stored in a string vs. disk.

Malcolm