Hello,

i have a rtree table which I dynamically opulate with results.

Sometimes however, I get a "constraint failed" error from SQLite. After
some poking, I found that it occurs whenever my statement tries to
insert a record which has an ID that is already in the rtree-table,
which is ok, as the ID is to be unique.

However, the insert statement is written as followed:

insert or ignore into idlookup select * from (select * from cl2) where (
lomi>2.64 and loma<3.29 and lami>42.48 and lama<42.82);
SQL error: constraint failed

Like i said, the error occurs because one of the records to be added are
already in the idlookup table.

It would be my understanding however that the "or ignore" statement
would silently let those inserts fail if they are already in?

What´s wrong here?

--
Christophe Leske

www.multimedial.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
Lessingstr. 5 - 40227 Duesseldorf - Germany
0211 261 32 12 - 0177 249 70 31