On 11/24/08, Rick Pritchett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to set my variable to the first row of my database

how do you do that?

> then delete the
>  row.  Does any one have a good example?

What is your definition of the "first row" of your database.

First, you obviously mean the "first row" of some "table" in your
database. That said, remember that the database doesn't think of first
or second or last as we humans might think. You have to tell the
database which table and which row you want deleted. For that, you
have track something by which you can tell when the row was inserted.

If you are tracking a time stamp or an increasing primary key, you can
choose the MIN value of that column to identify your first row.

--
Puneet Kishor