I'm a relatively new SQLite user and I'm not much of a programmer, although
I have used several database GUI Tools over the years, including code
generators on PickOS and Windows.
I've been able to extract my data from Palm Desktop (twelve years of
accumulation), build tables and import my data into them in SQLite using the
SQLite Manager add-in from Firefox 3.05 (WinXP sp3).
What I'm looking to do is to build data lookup/entry screens to let me
access the local copy of the SQLite database on my computers (keeping the
database on an external USB drive).  I don't think I can rely on the SQLite
ODBC drivers as I move back and forth between several WinXP, Vista, and
Linux machines; some without admin rights.  It would be great if the
lookup/entry software was portable for the same reasons.  I have only been
able to use the SQLite Manager for list-based browsing; I'd prefer to be
able to define a single-record form for each table.

I admit to being very cost-sensitive at this time due to the precariousness
of my job situation and the general economy, so a no cost or FOSS solution
would be best.  I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Alan B. Cohen, CPA