On 1/3/09, Mark Fraser <m...@mark100.net> wrote:
> Jay,
>
>  Thanks for your reply.
>

>  >It might make more sense to install a newer version in /usr/local
>  >  rather than /usr.  That way you can use the updated version for your
>

> That is what I did.  I downloaded and extracted the .bin file and copied
>  it to /usr/local/bin.
>
>  Then after chmod +x it I ran it and got the Bus error.

1. make sure you have the latest Xcode installed (it is free to
download with a free developer account).

2. download the sqlite source. I use the amalgamation.

3. untar the source, make, sudo make install. That's all. Everything
will magically work. Your sqlite will be installed in /usr/local. Make
sure /usr/local is in your path, and you will be able to use sqlite3
from anywhere.

It just works.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org/
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/