Hello,

In one hand, object persistence framework provide solutions starting from a
description of your DB - object mapping.
Unfortunately, these solutions are not easy to deploy. Does not seem to fit
your need.

In the other hand, if you just want java database access, you can have a
look at sqlitejdbc.
Simple to use and fits jdbc standard. I successfully used it.