On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:29:33 +0100, n...@nobswolf.info (Emil
Obermayr) wrote in General Discussion of SQLite Database
<sqlite-users@sqlite.org>:

>Hello list,
>
>I run a Windows XP system and want to "fill" the sqlite-DB through a
>ODBC-connection with data from other databases and then use it on a
>independant server (lighttp on USB-stick).
>
>The sqlite-version I get as ODBC-driver works nicely.
>
>The sqlite-version I get included in PHP as well.
>
>But both say "this is not a database" when I try to use the file of the one
>with the other.
>
>I guess it is because PHP is shipped with sqlite-version 3.3.7.
>
>How do I update the PDO-driver of PHP?

You could consider using the php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll
driver, which is just a stub that can be combined with any
recent sqlite3.dll.

Note: With Apache, the easiest location for sqlite3.dll is
the .../apache/bin directory. php_pdo will find it there.
Perhaps the same goes for lighttpd.

Fragment from php.ini:

extension=php_pdo.dll
; php_pdo_sqlite.dll usually has an old
; version of sqlite compiled in.
; disabled: extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
;
; php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll loads
; a genuine sqlite3.dll
extension=php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll