Hello Igor,

in the beginning this was an attempt to circumvent the missing DESC
Indices prior to Version 3.3.0. However, it all grew and now i do all
kinds of things using collations. I admit that i could achieve most of
them in a different way, but i would have to change my application.
The problem appeared when my users eliminated leading blanks from the data.

Is it a good idea that the actual type of the data influences whether it
is compared with the collaction function or not? Imangine a table with a
field of normally mixed numerical an not-numerical data. If i want to
impose my own ordering, i can do this only as long as i am sure that not
all rows have a numerical field value.

But I really do not want to criticise. Now I know how the system works,
I can program a solution.

Thanks,
Martin