On Jan 14, 2009, at 4:07 PM, John Belli wrote:

> Assuming I've decided to use evil threads, and am opening a new
> connection in each thread, does it matter whether I use multithreaded
> (-DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=2) or serialized (-DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1)? Any
> idea if one is faster than the other? I am using SQLite on Win32 and
> WinCE, and I'll be using shared caching
> (sqlite3_enable_shared_cache(TRUE)).

John,

I don't have a definitive answer, but I suspect that using the
multithreaded configuration with a new connection in each thread would
potentially be faster, since multiple readers can run concurrently
instead of being serialized.  I don't know what effect a shared cache
would have, but it sounds as if it supports multiple simultaneous
readers.