On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:29:28 -0000, "RB Smissaert"
<bartsmissa...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in General Discussion
of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>:

>Would it be possible to make a SQLite file un-usable by overwriting bytes in
>certain places and then (via an encrypted password) make the file usable
>again by putting the right bytes back in the right places?
>I use a VB wrapper that can encrypt the database, but I am using this SQLite
>file on a Windows Mobile device and the SQLite wrapper used there can't do
>that.
>I can do this quite easy by picking some fixed bytes at the beginning of the
>file, but it then is too easy to pick this up by comparing with a normal
>SQLite file. So, maybe I need to overwrite sqlite_master, but will it be
>possible to always find the start and end of that part of the file?
>Thanks for any ideas about this.
>
>RBS

If the security is important to you, it might be worth to
invest in SEE, the proprietary, licenced, SQLite Encryption
Extension:
http://www.sqlite.org/support.html

It makes sure only your application can access the database.
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )