On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 01:32:57PM +0100, Kees Nuyt wrote:
> If the replace statement is the same every time, you only
> have to prepare it once. As drh said, to be able to help you
> more, we need the schema and more detailed code.
>
> prepare()
> begin()
> while data_available{
>       bind()
>       step()
>       reset()
>       [ clear_bindings() ]
> }
> commit()

You might also prepare all statements at app startup time, which users
might expect to be slow anyways, and maybe in a separate thread if there
is other initialization work to do that can be done in parallel.

If the schema changes, forcing you to re-compile your statements, and
they really take that long to prepare, then have some sort of UI
indication of this.  Hopefully you can keep the frequency of schema
changes down.

Cheers,

Nico