Thanks for the reply.

Stats does contain 46 qids with sids of 7
there is one duplicate question now that i look harder in temp which is ok
because 289 I forgot to mention that id in temp is not a key, this is
because there is a test mode to ask random questions that aren't unique (so
289 was asked twice).

but if i did this
SELECT Count() FROM Stats S
LEFT JOIN Temp T ON T.Id = S.QuestionId
WHERE S.SessionId = 7

Shouldn't only still return 46 rows and not 51 since stats in on the left
and we are only getting associated data from the right? (Stats can contain
multiple questionids also for the same session if ask unique was enable)