On 29/01/2009 8:07 AM, Joanne Pham wrote:
> Hi all,
> One of our database had problem to run the "schema". The error message below:
> The question is how the database getting to this stats " Error: file is
> encrypted or is not a database"
> Thanks,
> JP
>
> Below is the error message
>
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> sqlite> .schema
> Error: file is encrypted or is not a database
> sqlite>

Use a hex editor to inspect the first 100 bytes of the file. If it
doesn't start with "SQLite format 3" it's not a SQLite3 database.

Telling us what's in that first 100 bytes (in a machine-readable
unambiguous format) might be a good idea. E.g. if you have Python, do:
     print repr(open('fubar.db', 'rb').read(100))

Cheers,
John