When you say the load "stops", what do you mean?  Does the sqlite3
process end?  Does it sit there doing nothing?

   The first thing I would do is look at line 55035 of the source file
and see if there's something weird about it.

   Also, have you done a line count on the file so you know exactly
how many rows it should load?

   -T