On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 05:33:50PM -0500, Igor Tandetnik scratched on the wall:
> jose isaias cabrera <cabr...@wrc.xerox.com>
> wrote:
> > Greetings and salutations.
> >
> > Can one SQLite db be UPDATEd and used by folks using different DLL
> > versions?
>
> All 3.* versions use the same file format, and can happily coexist.

  Not exactly.  The file format changed with 3.3.0.  Files made with
  3.3.0 and later cannot be read by earlier 3.x versions.  Older files
  can be read by newer versions, however.  That was over three years
  ago, however.

  You can also create older style files with newer libraries using
  "PRAGMA legacy_file_format" or the SQLITE_DEFAULT_FILE_FORMAT
  compile-time option.

  In the case of the original poster with 3.5.4 and 3.6.11, this
  shouldn't be an issue.  That's not the whole story, however.  Don't
  forget that the SQL is re-parsed every time the database is open.
  If you use new(er) SQL language features to define a table,
  expression, or query (in a VIEW, for example), that syntax might
  not be understood by older versions.  Even if the file format is
  technically compatible, language incompatibilities can keep the
  older versions from accessing the database.

   -j

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs.  We have
 a protractor."   "I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler
 and a piece of string."  --from Anathem by Neal Stephenson