Hi list,

I am attempting to use sqlite-3.6.11 for a project using an embedded board
with a PXA255 processor. The data will then be transferred to a regular x86
desktop to be analyzed.

I have compiled sqlite for both embedded/desktop platforms using the
amalgamated sources.  I do nothing exotic in ./configure, but of course for
the arm build I have to use --host=arm-linux.

If I create a table on the embedded machine, say with:

CREATE TABLE test ( val FLOAT );
INSERT INTO test VALUES( 1.0 );
INSERT INTO test VALUES( 0.7777779 );

When I transfer this database to the x86 desktop and open it, doing:
SELECT * from test;

yields:
1.0
1.28152653820806e+282

It would seem that there is a cross-platform issue with how the arm compiler
represents its floats.  Introducing a fractional part seems to screw it up,
floats which are representable with whole numbers come out correctly.

The embedded system uses a GCC based toolchain (3.4).  I have tried with both
3.4.2 and 3.4.4, to no avail, same results.

Has anyone seen this, or can offer a suggestion?

Thanks,
Dave Flogeras

--
The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The