Am Freitag, 6. März 2009 18:29:58 schrieb Griggs, Donald:
> Hi Hans,

Hi Donald!

> The sqlite command-line utility program does not have code in it to
> handle quoted strings containing the field separator (comma, in your
> case), nor does it expect the multi-line data.
>
> If you can have your data written as tab-separated (and without embedded
> CR/LF) you may have better luck.

It seems that there is no way to get rid of the embedded CR/LF without parse
the complete output.

> Alternatively -- for the new utility you wrote, did you surround your
> import within a single transaction?   If not, then every row becomes a
> separate transaction, and one would expect performance to suffer
> drastically.

Stupid me, i opened a connection and execute insert after insert...

Better to read the FAQ before start coding:
http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q19 says it. I have to test this at monday.

Btw, how big can a SQL-statment grow in SQLite?
http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html says: default set to 1000000, but can set
up to SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH = 1073741824 - 1.  So can i just execute a 'set
SQLITE_MAX_LENGTH = 1073741824 - 1'? This point is not clear for me now.
i found http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_limit_attached.html and see about the
run_time using sqlite3_limit(), but how can i pass this using pure SQL?

Well, looking at the samples it doesn't seems to be too tricky to use the
C++API. Can i expect better performance using it?

> Regards,
>    Donald

Hans-Martin