Thank you for the pointers Alexandre and Alexey.

I spent about 30 minutes looking into the parser, and it looks like it is a
possibility.  I'll require a more in-depth understanding in order to do
this.  I would probably start with the simple parser, and go from there.

> I think to prepare html before insert is more simple. You can transform >
html into "right" format for fts3 parser.
I would actually like to retain the tagged (html) formatting in the
database, thereby, when it is retrieved it can be displayed as rich text.

Thanks,
Paul