I think it would be a good idea for sqlite3 to display a message like
"Database opened for read-only" if you don't have permission to write.
 I saw this problem myself where a rollback was necessary from a
previous root process, and as a new SQLite user, it was confusing and
made me think "great, the database is already corrupted".

Jim

On 4/22/09, Igor Tandetnik <itandet...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Alberto Simoes <hashas...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I am not sure what happened, but I have a database that opens
>> correctly with sqlite3 shell, I can select and query it, but I can't
>> edit it. I get Disk I/O error. The disk is not full.
>
> You don't have write permissions to the file, perhaps?
>
> Igor Tandetnik

Software first.  Software lasts!