I am writing a FTS3 tokenizer that works with iPhoneOS using Apple's
CoreFoundation library.

What encoding is used on inbound insert statements into a FTS3 virtual
table?  For example I have Japanese text encoded as UTF-8 and passed
in as UTF-8 insert statement is encoded as UTF-8.  I am not using the
ICU library (SQLITE_ENABLE_ICU is not defined).

In the above tokenizer I want to eliminate words (stemming), do I just
not return those words, and move to the next?  Does this actually
influence the text that is stored, or is this just used for indexing?

I am building a static library, and I want the tokenizer to be
available for anything that I link it with.  Is there an easy way to
make that happen?  I currently configured it through adding code into
the core FTS3 code.  I don't want to do this each time, and would like
to keep the source separated, so I can easily change versions of SQLite.

Finally, which distro should I use the regular amalgamation or the
unix amalgamation?  If the latter what options should be passed into
the config for iphoneOS?

Thanks
Garry