I have a program that creates a database with a number of tables and a few

I'm just inserting in this program and not doing any lookups.

I create the indexes after all records have been inserted.

The input for the database is a LARGE number of records.

The data is mapping data for the U.S. and therefore contains millions of
entries.

The current run is taking about three days for the entire U.S. to complete.

A single state, say California, is taking several hours.

Any suggestions on speed-ups?

Granted this only has to be done once but if there is a failure along the
line it could be bad. <smile>

Thanks,

J. R.

J. R. Westmoreland