Robert,

1. When you build you want to make sure to override the default
directory settings. ./configure --builddir=/usr/
Check the directions and configure script for options
(make sure to run make clean before you attempt to run make again.)

2. Use Checkinstall, it will build a deb file specific to your system
and install it. Instead of make install

Maybe that will help, FYI I forced the Jaunty deb into Hardy with no
issues, since the dependencies haven't changed.

Alex

Robert Villanoa wrote:
> Thank you very much Dan, because this is exactly the problem.
> I used ldd to check shared library dependencies of the executable file
> sqlite3 and the result was:
>     linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7fc3000)
>     libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0 (0xb7f4e000)
>     libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7f4a000)
>     libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7f31000)
>     libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7de2000)
>     /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fc4000)
> However, the file libsqlite3.so.0 from the sqlite3 3.6.14 package is
> installed to the /usr/local/lib/ folder. I then deleted libsqlite3.so.0 in
> /user/lib/ and then copied the one from /usr/local/lib/ to /usr/lib/ and I
> got the correct version of sqlite3.
> Now I wonder is that enough? I mean whether simply copying libsqlite3.so.0 to
> /usr/lib/ will let me use the new version completely? Or is there any further
> modifications I must do for me to use sqlite3 3.6.14 'properly'?
> Thank you so much for your help!

>>> issue):
>>> 1. Remove the default version using 'sudo apt-get remove sqlite3'.