I'm porting to sqlite a database from MySQL.

on MYSQL, I was able, with the proper collation, to perform case
insensitive and also accent insensitive searches on the db.

I mean, a search like this:

search * from table where description like '%cafe%'

matches the descriptions containing cafe and CAFE, but also cafè and
CAFÈ.

now on sqlite not only I can't find the way to make the search accent
insensitive ( so cafe will not match cafè ), but it seems from test
and from some info discovered on the web that the search using LIKE is
case insensitive only for ascii characters ( so cafe matches CAFE but
cafè does not match CAFÈ ).

any workaround?

thank you so much,

    Giulio