To make technical decisions using emotion rather than logic is not a
good approach.  One should choose the best methodology for the
particular project, not be self indulgent and choose the one you like.

Recently we wrote an embedded application in C, permitting us to use the
available C compiler, but organized it very like a C++ program with
classes etc.  The benefit was that the code was more attuned to being
maintained and modified by programmers with a low skill level without
risking catastrophic side effects  from modifications.