Hi Mark,

I think that wont work:

Scenario: A calf is born from a mother within your flock but from a
father outside. The father appears for the first time and you are not
able to gather information on his father (or grand-grand father).
Therefore his father is NULL. But later you get the information on his
father and add it to the animal list: The id of the fathers father is
then greater then the id of his grandchild (the calf).
I could start the id initially with 100000 to allocate <100000 ids in
theses cases, but I am unsure if this is a good way to start.