On Jun 15, 2009, at 11:38 AM, lmoug...@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response,
>
> We're using SqLite version 2.8.15 to be exact, is there a known
> issue with this version and its ability to maintain data types?
>
> Previously we had considered upgrading to 3.x but that also forced
> us to upgrade PHP to version 5.X.  At the time PHP 5, with it's new
> object-oriented support and/or other new features, was about 5-times
> slower than the version that we had been using.  Since the whole
> reason we had taken use of SqLite was for its performance over MsSql
> we didn't want to negate the performance gains with the upgrade.  It
> seemed for a while that the PHP group continued PHP 4 support a few
> months after the initial release of version 5, so we'll look into
> whether or not one of those later PHP 4.X versions supports a newer
> SqLite if you believe that is the cause of our issue.
>
> What's strange is how we've been using SqLite 2.8.15 for a few years
> without issue.  Only recently have we run into an issue as these
> Integer values have reached the 6 digit range.

SQLite 2.x has been in "maintenance mode" for 5 years.  Critical bug
fixes only.  And there have been no critical bugs since December
2005.  All new development uses SQLite 3.x.

PHP supports SQLite 3.x.  Google for "sqlite3 php" tol find more
information.  Note, however, that there are significant changes
between SQLite 2.x and SQLite 3.x so porting, while not overly
difficult, will also not be trivial.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com