On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:22 AM, manohar s wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using SQLite 3.6.13, After issuing a vaccuum, I am inserting
> into the
> SQLite db, that time I am getting "SQLite Database schema has changed"
> error.
>
> According to this:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg04902.html,  It
> should never occur in SQLite 3.0, but I am not understanding why is
> this
> error is occuring now. (I understand that rerunning the prepared
> statement
> will solve the problem, but just wanted to know whether I am missing
> something here)

The email message above is correct for the sqlite3_exec() interface.
In other words sqlite3_exec() will automatically reparse and retry the
query statement.  The sqlite3_step() interface may or may not reparse
and retry the query statement depending on how it was originally
prepared.  The retry occurs if sqlite3_prepare_v2() was used.  There
is no retry if sqlite3_prepare() was used.

In all cases, there is a limited number of retries.  If the schema
keeps changing faster than sqlite3_exec() or sqlite3_step() is able to
reparse and retry the statement, then it eventually gives up and
returns SQLITE_SCHEMA.

> Manohar
>
> --
> hope is the only thing which keeps us all happy

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com