hi all,

i've been banging my head against the keyboard, trying to figure out what is
going on.  i am writing a program in xcode that uses the c/c++ sqlite3
library.  the problem i am having is the following:

1.  i open a connection to my db using sqlite3_open()

                NSString *dbFile = [[NSBundle mainBundle]
pathForResource:@"data"
ofType:@"db"];
                if (sqlite3_open([dbFile UTF8String], &db) == SQLITE_OK) {
                        //NSLog(@"SQLite connection open SUCCEEDED!");
                } else {
                        //NSLog(@"SQLite connection open FAILED!");
                }

2.  i run a sqlite3_exec function call to either insert,delete or update

        NSString query = @"delete from table where id =3";
        char *error;
        int rc = sqlite3_exec(db, [query UTF8String], NULL, NULL, &error);
        if (rc == SQLITE_OK) {
                //debug start
                NSLog(@"DBObject.update. SQLITE_OK");
                //debug end
                return YES;
        } else {
                //debug start
                NSLog(@"Error: %@", [NSString stringWithUTF8String:error]);
                sqlite3_free(error);
                //debug end
                return NO;
        }

3.  the return value from sqlite3_exec is SQLITE_OK.  however, when i check
the database table nothing has changed. (select sql statements work fine.)
4.  when i type in the insert, delete or update sql statement into the
console it works fine.

i don't know what is going on.  can anyone please help?  thanks so much!!