On 5 Jul 2009, at 2:35am, BareFeet wrote:

> Hi Simon,

Just a reminder that you're posting to a list, not to me personally.

>> What are you trying to do ?  Find all the columns in a TABLE or find
>> all the columns in an arbitrary SELECT ?  If it's the former use
>> PRAGMA table_info for the table.
>
> Thanks, yes, I am familiar with pragma table_info to return the column
> headers of a table or view. But I need the same functionality for the
> result of an arbitrary sequence of SQL commands.

But an arbitary sequence of SQL commands doesn't have a list of
columns.  It might involve two different unrelated tables, for
example.  Or more than one SELECT commands.  Or no SELECT commands.
Or INSERT commands that change more than one table.  Or one INSERT
command that results in changes to two different tables.  I'm sorry
but I still don't understand which columns you expect your
functionality to produce given that you specify your sequence of
commands must be arbitrary.

Simon.