On 13 Jul 2009, at 4:35pm, Wilfried Mestdagh wrote:

> But the circumstances are not really described (possible I cannot read
> between the lines as my English is not perfect). So as far as I
> understand
> the page if I want to store / retrieve a string (which can be a
> numeric
> string) I have to create my field as "char", "text" or as "none". Is
> this
> correct?

The reference you were pointed to explains what happens:

http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html#affinity

So you want 'TEXT' ... 'char' doesn't mean anything to SQLite.  And
you also need to pass your values as text too.  If you use

(1, 2, 3, 4)

or use numeric binding, you're passing numeric values into it, and
they may be manipulated as numbers.  If you pass

or use string binding, then you're passing text, and if it's stored in
TEXT fields SQLite won't do anything numeric with it.

Simon.