On 17/07/2009 12:54 AM, Uijtdewilligen, Freek wrote:

>> This sounds like a bug somewhere -- having a column name twice should
>> be
>> met with an error message, not with setting the integer column to
> NULL.
>> So please give us some more information:
>>
>> In the String where it [what is "it"?] was storing the column names
>> [storing for what purpose?] it said (x, y, x, etc) [who said/typed?]
>>

> Sorry, I might have a been a little bit too vague. I use static strings
> containing the table names and columns names, so when I change something
> to the database, I won't have to go through all my code. In one of these
> Strings, I myself made a typing error. When executing an INSERT, one
> column was skipped because of the error in the column names string and
> therefore the default value null was left there.
>
> Anyway, it works fine now, so thanks again for the help! :)

Please bear with me -- I'm trying to ascertain where the the second
problem (bad response to the duplicate-column-name problem) exists:

So the column was skipped (resulting in a NULL being left there by
default) because (a) SQLite (or whatever layer you were using to execute
the inserts) skipped the column without giving your code an error
indication or (b) your code got an error indication but ignored it and
kept going -- which?

What was the layer that you were using to execute the inserts?

Cheers,

John