On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 12:41:59PM +0200, Jan scratched on the wall:
> thank you roger.
>
> Seems it's not an easy task. Guess I should go through some c tutorials.
> Would be really nice to have this included in sqlite itself.

  If someone is going to take the time to refactor the genfkey code
  into a stand-alone piece of code, I would like to suggest it is made
  into it a loadable module, so that it can be used pretty much anywhere.

  Also, if the code is written carefully, it is possible to use the same
  code to compile a module (.dll, .so, .dylib, etc.) or to compile
  directly into an SQLite build with very minimal changes (e.g. using
  #defines).  That would be provide the most flexibility to the most
  people.

   -j

> Roger Binns schrieb:

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs.  We have
 a protractor."   "I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler
 and a piece of string."  --from Anathem by Neal Stephenson